Friday 22 November 2013

Good news as Chester unemployment decreases by 22%

[caption id="attachment_136" align="alignright" width="300"]Alison outside of the Job Centre Plus, City Road. (picture- Amy Holland) Alison outside of the Job Centre Plus, City Road. (pic: Amy Holland)[/caption]

Recent figures have shown that the percentage of people unemployed in Chester has lowered.

The amount of people without jobs in 2010 was 3.5% but is now down to 2.7%.

The news may give some jobless people in Chester a much needed boost.

Alison Chamberlain from Chester said: “I have been unemployed for nearly 4 weeks now and this news has made me feel optimistic about finding work in the future.”

She continued: “The job centre has been very helpful and provided me with a mentor that I can contact anytime for help. I’ve also seen a rep from the National Careers service there who helped me to do my C.V.”

Figures also show that the number of people receiving Job Seekers Allowance has fallen by 350.

Mrs Chamberlain said: “The only negative thing I have found so far whilst job hunting is that there are still a lot of applicants for each position, so jobs often don’t get back to me. But I am confident that I will be in work before Christmas.”

Chester Intelligencer Reporter, Amy Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment